Homeopathy is a complementary treatment measure that works on two principles- First, do not harm; second, prescribe based on the laws of Similars. So, just by taking a micro dose of a homeopathic substance, you can stimulate your body’s natural healing mechanism.
The Introduction of Homeopathy
This system of medicine has been used for centuries SINCE it was introduced by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann in the 18th Century. His theory helped him discover that by combining homeopathic ingredients, patients saw great improvements in their health and recovered from chronic sicknesses.
So instead of spending many hours developing a patient’s profile and prescribing a single-ingredient treatment, as seen in the past. Doctors now embrace homeopathy as a complementary treatment that involves combining single homeopathic ingredients to target multiple organs and treat multiple symptoms at the same time.
The interesting thing is that homeopathy is safe and effective, making it so popular that many people are turning to it as a complementary treatment measure. Some even use it as their primary treatment form (But we always advise you still take advice of your GP).
Interesting Facts about Homeopathy
I have decided to keep it real and compile a list of interesting facts about Homeopathy. I will try to present them in a simple-to-understand manner.
Without much ado, check out these interesting facts about homeopathy:
How homeopathy works
- Homeopathy is both an art and a science
- The father of medicine, Hippocrates, said there are two laws of healing: The Law of Similars and the Law of Opposites. Orthodox medicine works with the law of Opposites, e.g anti-depressants, anti-inflammatories, antibiotics, antihypertensives, and anti-psychotics.
- Homeopathy helps the body to heal by itself, to help the patient reach a higher level of health.
- Homeopathy is evidence-based complementary medicine.
- Homeopathic remedies/supplements work by communicating a pattern of energy through the entire body to activate the body’s healing mechanism.
- Homeopathic remedies awaken and act as a catalyst to set healing into motion
- The homeopathic practitioner helps to search for and treat the cause of a disease to heal the effect.
- The homeopathic practitioner believes all symptoms are closely interrelated and seeks medicine that treats the whole person and covers all of the symptoms.
- The outcome of homeopathic remedies are measured by the curative effect and complete healing of the disease state.
- Homeopathic practitioners in India train for 5 and half years in Physiology and Anatomy, as well as Materia Medica, Pathology and Disease, Homeopathic Repertory, and Homeopathic Philosophy.
- The homeopathic community has millions of written cases noted to show the positive effect of homeopathic remedies. Some practitioners keep video proofs of their treatments before and after the whole procedure.
- Many patients seek out homeopathic measures because orthodox treatments could not help them enough.
- Homoeopaths find the job extremely rewarding emotionally as it can help many people
- Homeopathic remedies/supplements are cost effective.
- There are over 4,000 homeopathic medicines and more available for different conditions.
- Homeopathic medicines are non-addictive, and they are safe for infants, children, adults, and women during pregnancy,
- Homeopathic remedies are made from plant, mineral, metal, etc. But it is usually one known substance.
- Homeopathic remedies are individualized because every patient is Unique
- Homeopaths trace genetic illnesses to 6 main causes- Syphilis, Tuberculosis, Psora (scabies), Gonorrhea, Leprosy, and Cancer.
- Any remedy that has up to a 12c or 24x potency (known as the Avogadro’s number) still has the original molecules of the substance
- Epidemics such as typhoid and cholera were treated effectively in the 19th century using homeopathy, and it produced a very high success rate.
- There are thousands of homeopathic articles and books, usually available at most specialist outlets.
- Homeopathic medicines are made of complex sugars called lactose. They do not contain glucose, which is harmful to diabetics. However, the amount of sugar in homeopathic remedies/supplements consumed over a week is not more than a teaspoon.
- Homeopathic remedies can be taken in liquid form (which is not sweet)
- Homeopathic remedies are complementing other medications. Hence safe to take during other treatments.
- The World Health Organization, in 2005, brought out a report that showed homeopathy was beneficial and this caused great panic among Big Pharma and the Lancet brought out an editorial named “The End of Homeopathy”
- The Lancet tried to destroy homeopathy in 2005, but they were only working with 8 inconclusive trials out of 110. And 120 positive results are already confirmed. This analysis was fraudulent.
- In the past 35 years, there have been thousands of controlled and randomized trials in homeopathy. And researchers concluded that homeopathy proved far more effective than what could be explained by the placebo effect.
- Homeopathic remedies are not tested on animals.
- Homeopathic remedies are far more effective on animals and babies than on adults, and this proves that it cannot be placebo
- Homeopathy cannot be tested using double-blind randomized trials because every patient is unique and treatments are individualized. So if 5 people have arthritis, for example, they may all need different homeopathic remedies.
Popularity of Homeopathy
- Homeopathy has grown in popularity in the past 40 years, and it is estimated to be growing at more than 20% a year worldwide.
- Queen Elizabeth II of England takes her homeopathic vials of medicine before traveling anywhere. The Royal Family of Europe uses homeopathic remedies.
- Homeopathy is now a global practice, and all countries now embrace it.
- Homeopathy is a part of the medical umbrella in India and one has to be a Dr to practice Homeopathy in India.
There you have it, 35 interesting facts about homeopathy. Thousands of people are already using this complementary treatment to improve their health and well-being. So work with the facts and don’t blindly follow false criticism.
You can contact Morkare Natural Clinic to learn more interesting facts about homeopathy.
You can also add to the list or drop some notes in the comment section below.